Thursday, October 15, 2009

Derek's 1st Birthday

I can't believe my baby is one already; this year has gone by so fast. He is such a fun little guy and is always very busy. He loves that he can run around now with the big kids and he loves to play wrestle. Whenever Joel is laying on the ground Derek will growl and tackle him. It is so funny. I love Derek so much and I am glad he is part of our family.


Joel made waffles for breakfast, waffles topped with butter, syrup, and powdered sugar. I usually will just give Derek a plain waffle without any toppings so he liked daddy's alot better.
The older kids insisted on "helping" to open the presents and I had to put the camera down to ward off all the little hands.




Here is Derek with his cake. He wasn't quite sure what was going on.


He loved the cake and and ate it up. This is his first bite of ice cream. I guess it was cold on his teeth.
Here is the aftermath. Happy birthday Derek!





Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Christensen Family said...

He is so adorable!

Jamie Dana said...

I LOVE the after shot of Derek coverd from head to toe in chocolate. He must have had a great birthday. What a cutie.

Susan Lewis said...

Wow! One did come fast. He is starting to look more and more like your other kids. I am so impressed you have posted more than once in the past few months. : )

Dawn said...

Hey!! Long time no talk. Susan told me that you were on her blog favs so I thought that I would look you up. Your children are so cute. She also told me that you are living in TX. We are going to be moving there in Jan. Write me back if you want. drobin84@gmail.com

Jacque Hadlock said...

He is so big! Happy Birthday Derek! This last year has just flown by! Can't wait to see you guys again!